We raise two types of Bernedoodle puppies:
F1 Standard Bernedoodle
Bernese Mountain Dog x Standard Poodle = 50% Bernese | 50% Poodle.
Standard Bernedoodles range in weight from 55-120 lbs at maturity and 23-29" tall at the shoulder.
They generally have a wavier, low-to-no shedding hair coat, but some F1 puppies can possess a curlier or straighter coat depending on genetics.
Our F1 Standard Berndoodles come in a wide variety of different colors. Most of the F1 puppies we have are black tri-color and sable tri-color, both with traditional berner markings.
F1b Standard Bernedoodle
F1 Standard Bernedoodle x Standard Poodle =75% Poodle | 25% Bernese.
F1b Standard Bernedoodles range in weight from 40-100lbs at maturity and are around 23-29” tall.
F1b generation Bernedoodles have a curlier, non-shedding hair coat, but some F1b puppies can possess a wavier or straighter coat depending on genetics. This cross is more likely to inherit the poodle hypoallergenic coat.
F1b Standard Bernedoodles come in a wide variety of different colors. In the past we have had traditional black and sable tri-colors, cream and white, black and white, chocolate and white.
Overall the temperament of the F1 and F1b Standard Bernedoodles is a calm, non-hyperactive, smart, easy to train, people pleasing, friendly dog. It really is a fantastic breed. If a dog has more of a berner build, they are usually less active than a dog with a poodle build. Also, a berner build dog will likely eat more. They are all levelheaded dogs, gentle, and people lovers.
Waitlist and Deposit:
We form our waitlist in the order of deposit received. The first deposit received gets the first pick of the litter. The deposit is $500 and goes towards the full price of the puppy. Deposits are non-refundable. If you don't get the puppy of your choice, the deposit is transferable to the next litter. If you are interested in placing a deposit contact us and we will get you started.
Our dogs range in price from $1500 – $3000 depending on coat and color. All of the dogs are beautiful, but the tri-color pups with perfect traditional Berner white markings sell at a higher rate. In the past, we have had a variety of beautiful colors. There is a variety of prices available to meet many budgets.
We do ship inside the US. Cost is usually around $450 in addition to the cost of the puppy. This includes shipping crate and materials. Unfortunately, shipping is currently very limited due to Covid-19.
- If you are interested in adopting a puppy from Picket Fence Bernedoodles then you can contact us via phone, text or email. Ask us any questions you have and we can tell you about available puppies we have.
- We will send you a deposit form application via email and then you fill out the information and send in your deposit. Easy!
- When the puppies arrive we will be sure to let you know the news and will update you. Picks usually begin at 4-5 weeks old.
- We help you pick out a pup that is best for you. We can usually gauge size based on the build and frame of the dog. Temperament starts to show at about 4-5 weeks. We allow visits to choose your puppy (This option may not be available due to the rise in Covid cases in our area.) or we can accommodate this process via, photos, video, and facetime.
- After you pick out your puppy, we will be in contact with you and will update you on your puppy and how he/she is doing. We send out videos and pictures while he/she grows. We also can answer any questions you have about the “new puppy” experience.
- All puppies will go to the vet for a full health evaluation, fecal screening, and first shots. They will be wormed and have a few baths before they go home. We are upfront about any health concerns and will make certain your dog is healthy and ready when it goes home with you at around 8 weeks old.
- We will be in contact with you about picking up your puppy and will set up a date and time. You can expect your puppy will be bathed, clean, healthy, and parasite free. He will have his/her vet records and a supply of current puppy food. We will email or print you a puppy supply and tips list. This will also have info about your puppy, such as birthdate, vet info, and breed info.
You can be certain that we are very good at communicating and will be as helpful and honest as possible during this process.